In this document "we", "us" and "our" refers to the entity who collects or on whose behalf your Personal Information is collected, being Collinswood Investments Pty. Ltd. (ABN 41 316 218 323), Formula Vehicles Pty. Ltd. (ABN 48 302 047 550) trading as Formula MG, Formula Honda, Nordic Honda, Agostino Mitsubishi, Elizabeth Mitsubishi and Barossa Hyundai & Mitsubishi. The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”) regulates the way in which we may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information about you.
Your privacy rights are important to us. The purpose of this document is to notify you of various privacy matters including the types of Personal Information we collect and how we hold, use and disclose that Personal Information.
This document also contains important consents that you give to us. You should therefore read this document carefully before signing it.
Terms Used in this Document
In this document:
“APPs” means the “Australian Privacy Principles” in the Act.
“DMS” means Dealer Management System and refers to Auto-IT and its representatives, divisions and partners.
“Finance Company” means Capital Finance, St. George Finance or Macquarie Finance (t/as Honda Financial Services)
“Insurance Company” means Allianz Insurance
“Manufacturer” means Honda Australia, Mitsubishi Australia and/or Hyundai Australia, where relevant to your vehicle.
“Personal Information” has the meaning given to that term in the Act and includes sensitive information and personal-related information.
“Related Bodies Corporate” has the meaning given to that term in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the aforementioned trading entities and related businesses.
“you” or “your” includes a reference to you in your capacity as a customer, potential customer, business partner or enquirer.
Collection and storage of Personal Information
The types of Personal Information we may collect and handle include identity and contact details (such as names and contact information) are contingent on the nature of the business in which you have with us. Collection of data is gathered through past, present and future business dealings and interactions (both written and verbal) with you through our representatives. Personal information is collected to maintain and enhance our service to you, required by state and federal law, allow vehicle registration, a condition of franchise agreement and permit the maintenance, warranty and recall of your vehicle information.
Examples of the type of information we collect (but not limited to) are below: (if applicable)
- Name, addresses, phone numbers, email and drivers license details (including copy) for the purpose of insuring loan and test drive vehicles provided to you.
- Name, address, phone numbers, email, drivers license details for the purpose of preparing your vehicle including the service of registration, stamp duty, manufacturer reporting requirements and vehicle specification information.
- Your financial circumstances and credit history details and other credit-related information (such as products and transactions you may have with us or other credit providers) and, in some circumstances, sensitive information (in particular health information) where it is necessary for us to provide a credit product or a service.
- If we provide credit terms to you, we will collect and store information related to your business, including trade references, financial statements, guarantees and identification.
- Your insurance related information such as driving history, age, address, vehicle use, occupation, work history, and personal information.
Generally we collect your Personal Information directly from you. However in some circumstances we may collect Personal Information about you through or from other third parties. For example, these can include manufacturer leads, internet based leads providers and authorised brokers.
Purpose of Collection and Use
We collect, hold, use and disclose only that Personal Information about you which is reasonably necessary for the purposes of your dealings with us or the conduct of our business (including as authorised or required by applicable laws). These purposes may include:
- to verify your identity (including when we are required by law to do so);
- to comply with laws that may require or authorise us to obtain information about you, such as the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and other anti-money laundering legislation (for example, for identity verification), the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth), the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) (for example, if relevant, for search and registration purposes) and other regulatory legislation (for example, requiring us to maintain client and transaction records and to make reports and provide other information to regulators) and the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth), the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 and 1997 (Cth) and other taxation laws (for example, to comply with information requests issued by the Commissioner of Taxation);
- to the extent required or permitted by any applicable domestic or foreign law, rule or regulation regarding reporting and/or retention of information or to the extent required by any order or directive regarding reporting and/or retention of information issued by any domestic or foreign authority or body or agency in accordance with which we are required or accustomed to act;
- to facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilment of confidential systems maintenance and testing; and
If you do not provide us with the Personal Information requested, we may be unable to serve you in a manner in which is efficient, economic and convenient for you. In some circumstance, if you do not provide us with certain personal information we will not be able to serve you as a condition of various third parties and government bodies and laws.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The types of persons to whom we usually disclose Personal Information for the purposes described in this document include:
- our Related Bodies Corporate;
- Credit and security reporting bodies as authorised under the law;
- government departments, agencies, regulators and authorities;
- insurers and underwriters;
- agents and contractors;
- any party acquiring (or considering acquiring) any interest in any business of which we control.
- other third parties associated with us; including manufacturers and suppliers.
- our external service providers, for example, mailing houses, debt collection agencies, mercantile agents, archive companies, valuers, call centre operators;
- solicitors, financial advisors and accountants;
- credit providers, finance companies or insurance companies;
- introducers, fleet companies and brokers;
- suppliers of goods to be or which may be financed and other persons who have an interest in any property offered to us as security; and
- other organisations as further set out in our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy.
Some customers may choose to communicate with us via social media, if initiated by a customer we will reciprocate communication via this medium. In some circumstances we may publish information relating to our customers via social media relating to competitions, marketing campaigns or sales, only if given specific consent by our customers.
Storage of Personal Information
The primary storage of your personal information will be stored in our DMS, which is supplied by a third party. The system is purpose built to serve dealerships like ours, and has security, encryption and password protection. Systems are installed to allow backup and tech support services and can be accessed by the supplier. Agreements and conditions are in place to ensure that our and your information is not abused while being supported. Contracts, invoices, Repair orders are stored physically within our premises and may be backed up electronically.
All emails sent from and to us is backed up in a server for a minimum of 7 years. Email marketing campaigns may use reputable third party providers to enable professional and efficient use of email marketing. All email marketing from us must give the recipient an opportunity to unsubscribe from future marketing campaigns from us.
Some of the recipients to whom we disclose your Personal Information may have operations based overseas. It is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients may be located but details of the countries where the overseas recipients are likely to be located can be provided upon request.
You consent to us collecting your Personal Information and using it for the purposes outlined in this document and our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy including disclosing your Personal Information to the types of organisations and recipients set out above.
Authority to Obtain Information
You authorise us to obtain from a Credit Reporting Body Information about you in relation to consumer or commercial credit provided to you (or another person, where applicable) for the purposes of:
You have a right to access the Credit Eligibility Information we hold about you, request that we correct your Credit Eligibility Information and Credit Information and make a complaint to us (please see below for more details about access, correction and complaints).
Authority to Disclose Personal Information to Joint Owners
You understand that if in the business dealings with a joint owner of a vehicle, we will disclose information relating to you and your vehicle.
Authority to Disclose Information to Third Parties
You consent to us providing information about you to any Third party either outlined in this policy or other authorised representatives
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, basic data files of encrypted text that identifies a users device and browser. This identifier is sent back to servers, each time a browser requests a page, these cookies do not identify you personally, however they may be used to be linked by us or third party apps that may have your personal details.
Cookies can be used to track users across different websites or returning website users.
Our websites use third party cookies, which helps us with statistical analysis, customised marketing and omnichannel marketing. The third party providers with cookies on our site are:
- Facebook pixel
- Google Analytics
- Heap analytics
- Dealer Solutions
What programs we use in our online experience?
Each one of the above programs and websites has their own privacy statement.
Cookies stored on your browser can be deleted by the user, by following the instructions from your browser provider. The ability to delete cookies is generally found in your Settings. Look for instructions such as “clear browsing history” or “remove cookies”.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information:
If you would like to know more about:
- the Personal Information which we hold about you; or
- our Personal Information handling practices; or
- gaining access to the Personal Information which we hold about you; or
- our handling of Personal Information about you; or
- learn more about the DMS and document storage of your information; or
- would like to update your information; or
- opt-out of marketing or contact
please contact the relevant dealership in which you have primary dealings :
FORMULA HONDA – 08 8265 9555
NORDIC HONDA – 08 8229 2355
AGOSTINO MITSUBISHI – 08 8269 5888
ELIZABETH MITSUBISHI – 08 8255 6066
In many circumstances, many representatives of the dealership will be able to help with any of the above however if you have any problems please ask to speak to the General Manager.
If you consider that we have not complied with our obligations under the Act (including those under Part IIIA of the Act, and/or the APPs) you may make a complaint to the Privacy Officer, who is the General Manager of each dealership. We will endeavour to respond to the complaint within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response you may have further rights to complain to either of the relevant consumer protection authorities or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Marketing and Disclosure to Related Bodies Corporate and Business Partners
We may use your Personal Information to identify and send you information about products and services (including third party products and services, webinars, special offers and promotions) that we think may be of interest to you. You consent to us sending you marketing communications (including by phone, electronic message or any other delivery method) for this purpose. You may ask us at any time to stop sending you marketing communications by contacting us (using the contact details set out below) and we will comply with your request within a reasonable period.
We may also share your Personal Information with our Related Bodies Corporate, business partners and manufacturers for their marketing purposes. You may ask us at any time to stop doing this by contacting us or the manufacturer (if applicable).
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
It is generally not practicable for you to deal with us on an undisclosed basis or by using a pseudonym. However, if it is ever practicable to do so you have an option to deal with us in either of these ways. We may not be able to provide services or goods to you if you do not identify yourself.